Although the police will try their best to document the details of your accident, your New Jersey car accident lawyer will advise you to also gather your own information. After all, you never know when your own documentation and pictures will offer a different perspective that is critical to proving your case either during settlement negotiations or at trial.
Below are some tips to properly documenting the important tips of your car accident:
- Get the names and badge numbers of the police officers who responded to the scene of the accident
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Get the names, drivers license and insurance information for the other parties involved in the accident
- Take pictures of everything, to the smallest details, of the accident site
- Take pictures of your injuries, both when the accident occur and a few days and weeks following your accident
- Take pictures of any property damage you may have sustained
- Keep a daily journal, especially if you have suffered catastrophic injuries
Your New Jersey car accident lawyer is only as good as the information he has. If we don’t have the necessary information that only you could provide us, it will be very difficult to successfully handle your claim and get you the maximum compensation that you deserve.
We Can Help
If you need a New Jersey car accident lawyer, please call Dan Matrafajlo at 908-248-4404 for a free consultation. We have offices in Elizabeth, North Brunswick and Newark, New Jersey to serve you. Mr. Matrafajlo has the experience in New Jersey courts that you need. He has been recognized locally for his legal ability, named a SuperLawyers Rising Star, and has even helped set legal precedent in personal injury law with cases such as Hardison v. King. Dan will fight for your legal rights!