Just because you have been arrested for drunk driving and are facing serious charges and penalties, it does not mean that you automatically have to plead guilty and accept the life altering consequences. Not all DWI (driving while intoxicated) arrests in New Jersey are valid, with those arrested deserving the penalties.
If you or a loved one has been arrested for a DWI, it is in your best interest not to plead guilty and immediately hire an experienced attorney to protect your legal rights and put together a strong defense to acquit you of the charges.
Need To Hire a DWI Attorney? Look For These Important Characteristics!
In order to make sure you have a good defense and a likely chance of getting the drunk driving charges against you dismissed, or at least reduced, it is important to hire a DWI attorney who has the experience and knowledge to handle your case. Below are five characteristics to look for when hiring a New Jersey drunk driving defense attorney:
- A good attorney will represent you at the highest skill level with the ability to identify problems the prosecutor will have in meeting the burden of proof in order to convict you on the drunk driving charges.
- A good attorney will have a large, ongoing practice in New Jersey.
- A good attorney should provide you with personal service, regardless of how large his practice is. This quality is especially important in drunk driving cases since the resulting consequences and penalties are life altering, making DWI cases very personal.
- A good attorney will be surrounded by an excellent legal team and supporting legal staff to enable the highest level of representation to maximize the chances of successfully dismissing the drunk driving charges against you.
- A good attorney will be recognized by other attorneys and his clients as providing the highest level of representation in drunk driving cases in New Jersey. An attorney’s reputation, both amongst his clients and in the community, is one of the most important characteristics to look for when hiring an attorney to handle your claim.
These five characteristics are only some of the most important things to look for when selecting an attorney to represent you in fighting your drunk driving charges. Since the stakes are so high, it is imperative that you wisely choose an attorney who will help you aggressively fight the charges to either dismiss or at least reduce the chances of getting convicted on drunk driving.
Call a DWI Attorney in New Jersey
If you or someone you know has been issued DWI citation or arrested for drunk driving in New Jersey, an experienced attorney can help. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with New Jersey DWI attorney Dan T. Matrafajlo, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.