If you have been charged with a moving and/or disorderly persons violation under New Jersey Criminal Code that is scheduled to be heard in Linden Municipal Court here are some pointers that will help you through the process, to wit:
1. Call the Court to verify the Court date listed on the Summons;
2. Make sure you are on-time to your scheduled Court date and dress appropriately, (business casual, as opposed to, shorts and a tank top);
3. Proceed to the second floor of the Municipal Building and check-in with the Court staff at the designated intake/fine payment window.
4. Have a seat in Court and wait for the Judge DiLeo (or substitute Judge) to call your name.
5. Once your name is called by Judge DiLeo proceed to the front of the Court room and LISTEN to the Judge as he explains your charges.
6. After Judge DiLeo is finished with your arraignment (or first appearance), you have ONLY TWO OPTIONS and that is to reply with a “Guilty” or “Not Guilty”.
7. You will be directed to either speak with the prosecutor or obtain an attorney to represent you.