Almost every driver at one point will experience the anxiety, annoyance and hassle of being pulled over and issued a traffic violation. However, just because you get a traffic ticket, it does not mean that you automatically are on the hook to pay it. With the help of an aggressive and experienced New Jersey traffic ticket attorney, you may be able to successfully fight the ticket and avoid paying it.
Different Types of Traffic Tickets in New Jersey
The first step in fighting a New Jersey traffic ticket is to be familiar with the different types of tickets you can get while on the road. Below is a list of the common types of traffic violations you can get while driving in the Garden State:
- Driving recklessly
- Using a suspended or revoked driver’s license while behind the wheel
- Driving without insurance
- Speeding above or excessively below the posted speed limit
- Intentionally leaving the scene of an accident
- Careless driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to report an accident
- Failing to stop for traffic lights
- Improperly making a U-turn
- Improperly crossing a bridge
- Improperly passing a school bus
- Racing on a highway
How Can a NJ Ticket Attorney Help?
If you decide to contest your traffic ticket in court, it is best to hire a knowledgeable traffic ticket attorney to represent you in court. An attorney who specifically handles traffic tickets, will be familiar and experienced with the customs, judges and procedures of the traffic courts. They will be in a better position to help you fight your traffic ticket and obtain the best result because they handle traffic cases similar to your on a daily basis in the same court where your case is pending.
Additionally, spending the money to hire a New Jersey traffic ticket attorney could help you avoid the fines, costs and increased insurance premiums associated with a traffic ticket. So, if you got a traffic ticket, you should, at the very least, immediately consult with a traffic ticket attornrny to better understand your options before making a decision.
What You Need to Know About Hiring a Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Below is a list of useful tips you shoud think about when hiring an attorney to fight your traffic citation:
- Do not rush the hiring process
- Do your research and ask your community peers for recommendations
- Hire an attorney who is local
- Ask about the attorney’s track record and success in fighting tickets similar to yours
- Be wary of legal fee schedules with reduced billing rates
- Ask about the availability of the attorney
Call a New Jersey Ticket Attorney
If you or someone you know has been issued any type of traffic violation in New Jersey, including careless and reckless driving, an experienced attorney can help. Call Beninato & Matrafajlo Attorneys at Law, LLC at 908-355-7100 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.