You don’t plan on getting a ticket. It just happens, and for most of us it happens several times. When you do get a ticket, you have to understand that the consequences can be significant and can seriously impact your driving record and your life in general.
Although most of us just pay a traffic violation ticket and move on, it may be worth it to hire an experienced New Jersey traffic attorney to fight your ticket. Just because you got a traffic ticket, it does not mean that you actually deserved it. For example, you may have gotten a speeding ticket when you were simply keeping up with the flow of traffic. Or perhaps you ran a red light because you had a valid reason. Whether the ticket was your fault or not, it is to your benefit to hire a good attorney to fight the ticket in order to avoid the consequences.
Below are 5 reasons why hiring an attorney can help you after getting a traffic ticket:
- Attorneys know how to get tickets dismissed. When you get a traffic ticket, your first thought is to see what mistake was made to get out of the ticket. An experienced attorney is trained to find things that the average individual may miss when it comes to fighting traffic tickets.
- Attorneys can have your ticket reduce. Even if there are no mistakes, a good attorney will know how to negotiate in order to reduce your ticket, which could mean lowering the fine you have to pay, reduce or avoid points on your driving record.
- Attorneys can intimidate the prosecutor. If you are planning to fight your ticket, you need to intimidate the prosecutor into believing a mistake was made or that you are simply not guilty. The best way to do this is to hire an aggressive and knowledgeable traffic ticket attorney with a good reputation.
- Attorneys can change the judge’s perception of you. A good attorney can also help the judge see that you are innocent in order to either dismiss the ticket or have it reduced.
- Attorneys will fight for your rights. Most individuals don’t know what rights they have under the law when it comes to fighting a traffic ticket. A good attorney knows what your rights are and how to argue in order to protect those legal rights.
The bottom line is that if you have gotten a traffic ticket, it does not mean that you are automatically guilty and should thus pay the fine. Hiring an attorney and putting up a fight is worth avoiding the consequences.
Call a Traffic Ticket Attorney in New Jersey
If you or someone you know has been convicted of driving without motor vehicle insurance in New Jersey, an experienced attorney can help. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with New Jersey traffic ticket attorney Dan T. Matrafajlo, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo at (908) 248-4404.